Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Keep Going.

If you get off-track in life, check your GPS (Godly Positioning System--The Bible) to get going in the right direction. Believe me, I've gotten off the path many times in my life and still sometimes miss a turn here or there. More times than I can remember or can count. Thank God He gave us His map, His love letter, The Bible, to help us find our way. Nobody is running the same exact race, so we don't need to look at someone else to see how they are doing or how they might be measuring up. We are responsible only for the race we each are running. When we fall, Jesus is there to pick us up. All we have to do is ask. I might be the last one over the finish line. I might be the slowest one or the most clumsy. But as long as I keep going, I will win my race. My race (and your race) is not dependent on what anyone else does or their progress. Just keep going. Keep checking with the GPS God gave us. That's the only way to win this race.

If you are discouraged today, remember that those who have finished the race before us are cheering us on as are the angels, and God Himself. You are going to make it.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments: