Thursday, September 13, 2012

See You In September...Oh It IS September!

Busy, busy, busy.  Okay so not as busy as most of you out there, but for me this past few weeks have been busy.  This year has been so different than last year was.  It's hard to believe this is the middle of September already and the end of the year is nearing.  Some believe the end of the world?  (Mayan calendar and all that.)  Okay well I am not going to get into talking about that.  

I have resigned from the Scams of the Heart group and since then I have found so much time to be doing things I have been wanting to do.  Don't get me wrong.  I still support the group and believe in what is being done there.  So if anyone reading this needs help because of romance scams or friendship scams, that's the place to go for help.

In the past two weeks I have spent more time with my family than I have in months and that is the best change of all.  Last year my family and I spent a lot of time together.  This year was different in so many ways, but it seems to be back to the normal routine and that makes me very happy.  

Working on my photography and now adding graphic design to it all has kept me pretty busy too.  I've updated, remodeled, changed, and even deleted blogs I had here.  Some needed work, and others just needed to be gone.  All the ones that remain got worked on and hopefully improved.  

In addition to working on the photography and the blogs, I have also been busy at Squidoo updating existing lenses and creating new ones.  In the past few days alone I have created three new lenses.  You can see all my lenses as well as all my blogs in the right-hand sidebar on this blog.  The lenses I created the past few days include one about cookies, one about Star Trek and Stargate television shows and movies, and one about what a pescaterian is.  I used to have a blog about being a pescaterian (spelled pescatarian and pescetarian but not the way I spell it--LOL) but I removed it and decided later to create a lens about the subject instead. I also created a lens about how to use Corel PaintShop Photo ProX3 to change bad, blurry photos into good graphic designs.  So I guess I counted wrong and have actually created four new lenses in the past few days.  I haven't made any money yet with Squidoo but prior to this I haven't really had the time to devote to the project.  Now that my full focus can be on that instead of other things, maybe I will start making some progress, as I know it can be done.  

Tonight will be my first meeting at our local art center's Camera Club which I am excited about.  I've wanted to try this group for a long time and finally got the chance, thanks to my daughter who had them include me on her family membership.  Hopefully I will learn some good tips to make my photography better.

In addition to all this, since the weather has gotten much nicer, Jonah and I have been spending quite a few mornings sitting outside enjoying it all as well as some afternoons too.  It's nice to finally be able to get outside and breathe some fresh air and enjoy some sunshine without roasting.  All I can say about this past summer as it comes to a close is that it has been absolutely brutal.  The birds and squirrels are really hungry right now too, it seems, as they are eating up the bird seed a lot faster than they did the rest of the spring and summer.  I can't keep up with them.

Oh I can't forget this.  I uploaded my first YouTube videos this past weekend.  My grandsons each have a robot-type toy called a Turbo-Fighter and the adults at my one grandson's birthday party went wild letting these two toys battle it out.  Have a look before you leave my page.













No comments: