Wednesday, September 24, 2008

35 Years Already???

Where did the time go? This weekend is my high school 35 year class reunion! I am going to part of it. Our class always makes it a big weekend with at least 2 days of activities and sometimes things continue going on into the third day just so people who haven't seen each other in years can visit.
I am a little bit nervous about going this time. Being disabled has changed so many things for me. Handicapped parking, walking with a cane, needing to keep close to whereever I may need to walk to or from because my walking is limited these days. Now I need to find a lawn chair because it has been added that we might be able to have a fire pit and have some outdoor activity since the weather is going to be nice this weekend and the area where the main part of the reunion is being held is an indoor/outdoor facility with a big pond and such as that. I don't own a lawn chair. I just hope I can find one on clearance somewhere between now and Saturday.
More than that, I am really hoping that now that all of us have aged a bit (just a bit???) maybe we are all a lot more mature than we were in high school and maybe even some good friendships can emerge. That would be nice. I hope a lot of my classmates are going.
There is at least one who won't be. One of my best friends from high school died last November right after his birthday and Thanksgiving. I heard there might be a few others who have died since our last reunion. I guess we are getting into that age group now. With being disabled myself, and one of those issues being a heart issue, it does put a bit of a strain on how I feel about everything these days.
Anyway, in spite of the nervousness about it all, I am looking forward to seeing everyone and finding out what has been happening in everyone else's lives. Maybe I will have some more to say about that later after the reunion.

No comments: