Monday, April 21, 2008

Finally Got To The Taj Mahal!!!

My Favorite Restaurant and the favorite lunch spot after my doctor appointments.

The buffet here offers so many good things, but I only picked three today. Oh how I wanted to go back to get some of the other things, but I was too full after this. On this plate is at 1--2 o'clock a spicey cabbage and potato dish. This was the first time I have seen this on their buffet. At 6 o'clock is a vegetable korma. And at 11 0'clock is my newest favorite dish, chicken makhani. There is also a slice of their homemade naan. I also had a vegetable samosa that I ate before I remembered to take the pictures.


Daughter decided to have a cup of chai. Almost looks like hot chocolate.

After the meal, Daughter went into the grocery for me and got me a few things that I am out of. One of these days we will have to make another trip over just to get the rest of the things I would like to stock up on. Luckily I still have enough to last for awhile yet.

Good news from the doctor's office today. I have been successful at losing some weight...at a good safe rate too. I have lost almost 9 pounds in the last 4 weeks. It is a good thing I already know this is going to take a long time instead of trying to race through it.
The doctor talked to me about some options in continuing to try to control my heart rhythm since the medicine I was on wasn't working for me anymore. He gave me the option of trying one of two other rhythm meds and neither of them sounds very appealing, or continuing to live with the on again/off again a-fib episodes. Since the episodes are much shorter than they used to be before it had been chronic for a year, I have opted for continuing with things as they are for now. That may change down the road, but there are some definite risks with the other two meds that I don't want to take right now. As for the ultimate "fix" that might not even be a good option, the pulmonary vein ablation, the doctor is not wanting to go that route unless there is no other option. In his words, he "wants to stay away from ablation for now." After all I have read about it, I am very agreeable to staying away from ablation. Last year I was almost desperate enough to go through with it because I was so sick. But I have read more since then and I really don't want to ever have to have that surgery if I don't need it. For now, I have lived with a-fib for 15 years...I can live with it longer as long as it doesn't go chronic again.
All-in-all, it was a good day.


No comments: