Thursday, April 10, 2008

How Much Will Survive?

My little tree is not looking so good today. It had fallen over in the strong breezes of the last couple days and when I sat it back up today so it could get watered by the rain we are having, I noticed many of the dried green needles are now turning brown. What I have read is that once they get brown there is no getting green again. Even the growth tips at the top are getting brown. But the healthy? green parts in the center are still green and soft. I will give it a little longer so the green parts that are going to get green have more time to do so. Then I think it is going to need some pruning. I wonder how much of it will be left after the pruning.

Do you ever feel like that about life? Like you are being or have been pruned? Been there and done that myself. It isn't fun and it isn't easy. My little green tree will have scars from all of this if it does survive. It won't be the same as it was when I first got it. It might be really lopsided. Well, I am lopsided, so it will be a good match. It is getting rained on right now. Rain is necessary for it to live. Don't we just hate it when we get "rained" on in life? I think that is a necessary part of life for us too. At least for me. It keeps me humble. The scars keep my humble. Pride is an issue for me so maybe the Lord in His infinite wisdom knows I need pruning and rained on now and then to help me keep life in proper persective. The sun always comes out eventually.

No comments: