Friday, May 16, 2008

Leave It To YouTube!!!!

POPCORN by Hot Butter. I have wanted this song for years and have never been able to find it! Thanks YouTube!



Some other oldies but goodies that really take me back in time....this is a mix of different things...some funny ones you may have forgotten about along with some really good ones.

LOVE IS BLUE and others



MUSIC BOX DANCER



DEAD SKUNK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD Yep you read that right! It was really a hit way back in the 70's. I am not sure if this is the original group that made it a hit.



CITY OF NEW ORLEANS by Arlo Guthrie



THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS by Johnny Horton



I'M GONNA BUY ME A DOG by The Monkees The Monkees tv series was the beginning of music videos.



LAST TRAIN TO CLARKSVILLE by The Monkees



CLOSE TO YOU by The Carpenters A real classic.



THE YO-YO MAN by The Smothers Brothers



A HORSE WITH NO NAME by America



THANK GOD I'M A COUNTRY BOY by John Denver along with narration by John Denver with Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, and Roger Miller accompanying. COUNTRY ROADS with Johnny Cash.



A FIFTH OF BEETHOVEN by Walter Murphy



ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN by The Electric Light Orchestra




Okay, any other classic and fun oldies you will have to find for yourself. I still am trying to think of one instrumental that is never played on the radio anymore. But back in the early 70's it was really popular, along with Popcorn and The Horse and other instrumentals of the era. If you can think of what it is, let me know. Like you can get into my mind and figure it out, right? Well, it was a really good song for driving, if you know what I mean. There are other songs I would like to find on YouTube, but my memory is not what it used to be I guess. Most of what I do find is more by accident than anything else. I hope you enjoyed this mix of memories.

No comments: