Thursday, May 1, 2008

Birthday Parties and Pictures

These past few days have been busy, busy, busy. With two separate birthday parties for two of my grandchildren, and editing all the photos and videos I took at each party, it has been a busy week so far. I also finally got my old negatives put into the shoebox. I know it isn't the proper way to store them, but for now it will have to do. All the scanning of photos I had planned to get done is now done along with some additional photos I hadn't planned on. I'm glad I bought an extra memory card, this time a 2G instead of the 1G I already had. Daughter wants the pictures kept on the memory card until we can go to WalMart and get prints made. So Grandson's party pics are on one memory card and Granddaughter's party pics are on the other one. All in all, I got over 200 photos and at least 45 videos. Until I can figure out which file conversion program to get, I am uploading the videos to www.photobucket.com so that people I share the videos with can hear the sound. The only drawback there is that I have to limit the length of the videos so that they will upload. But I did figure out how to remix and combine the individual videos into one video for easier viewing. The photos are all temporarily uploaded to my Kodak gallery for the same reason of easy sharing. Once I get these photos and videos onto dvd or cd, I might remove them from these online storage places. They are not set for public viewing so my family and grandkids can keep their privacy.
Speaking of photos, have you checked my photography blog since I started adding pictures? It won't be long before I will need to get out and get more pictures for the blog. In the meantime, take a look and let me know what you think of them. There will be more added as time goes by. I don't want to add them all at once now. Wouldn't want to do that and end up with nothing to add to the blog now would I?

No comments: