Monday, March 3, 2008

Black-eyed Peas and Collard Greens Anyone?

A couple of months ago my daughter picked up some groceries for me. She brought me some canned black-eyed peas and canned collard greens. I have only cooked black-eyed peas fresh for an Indian curry and wasn't really too fond of them. I have never had collard greens before, but I love spinach. Any chance they taste anything like spinach???
Anyway, if anyone out there has any good recipes to use these two items, please let me know. I have 2 cans of each. I figure they sound like they could be used together in some southern style meal. In the meantime, I am going to check out the online recipe websites to see what I can find.

1 comment:

AudreyO said...

I wish I could help you with recipes, but I can't :(

I too love large microwaves. I love to put my casserole dishes in them.