Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring???

The windows are open, and the furnace is shut off. At least for today. And only 2 windows out of many. But it is a start and will get the old stale air out and the new fresh air in. Even with the furnace off last night it was too hot to go to sleep right away. It was chilly inside this morning...only a whole 53 degrees outside when I got up today. So much better than the old 20's and 30's. It was 61 out the last time I checked about half an hour ago. It is cloudy, windy, and supposed to have rain today, but so far no rain. Tonight is supposed to be thunderstorms and windy. Just what I hate. Leave the wind out and I am usually okay. Make it mild regular thunderstorms I am okay. But anything severe and I get scared. One of these days, hopefully sooner than later, I can get out of this mobile home and into something a bit more sturdy and fastened to the ground. Not that that is any guarantee against tornados, but it is better than a home that can become truly mobile with the right kind of wind gusts. Anyway, I just wanted to say how nice it is to finally have at least these 2 windows opened today and see the curtains blowing in the breeze.

I am having my living room cleaned and rearranged today. That is one of the household chores I always enjoyed doing. At this time in my life I need help. I am excited to have it done. It will help bring another bit of spring into my home. One of the things that will get done is the removal of a norwegian pine (I think that is what it is) that I bought for Daughter for Grandson's first Christmas. Turns out it cannot survive outside in temperatures below 30 degrees. Our winters get much colder than that. So I kept it. Apparently I didn't water it often enough and it looks either dead or close to it. I am not sure how to tell when a pine tree is unrevivable. But I am going to have my friend who is cleaning for me take it outside and put it under the awning where the rain runs off in full streams so it can get plenty of water. Maybe, if there is still any life left in it, it can be revived and glow it's pretty bright green again. I hope so.

Restoration and revival of life is something not unfamiliar to me and my own life. But those stories I am saving for my other blog. But for right here, just knowing it is spring is reviving my spirits some. Another thing is that after a week of feeling kind of lousy, I am feeling a whole lot better. Better than I have in a long time actually. I don't know what the change is, but I think maybe those few days I got off the water pills must have shocked my system because now the water pills seem to be working much better than they have in a long, long time. I don't have that old feeling of being bloated in my chest or of having breathing issues. And I feel like maybe some extra pounds are starting to come off. Well, that will be known come next Monday when I go back to the doctor. I know it isn't from my diet. The changes in my diet have been too slow for that to have done this. All I know is that walking is much easier than it was even two days ago.
Wow...maybe I am going to have to open a few more windows. It is still hot in here!

No comments: